Mar 25, 2013

Small Entryway Reveal and a Free Printable

Hello, everyone! I've been writing less than usual as I'm determined to finish my spring cleaning this week. One project that needed to be tackled in the midst of my cleaning efforts was the small entryway to the house. Our house has three outside entrances. The front door opens into the living room, there is a door on the driveway side of the house that opens into the small entryway (and then a door from that into a big entryway), and then there is a door to the back porch that we never use. I'd say we get a pretty even amount of people who come to the front and side doors. Marshall and I almost exclusively use the side door.

The small entryway was pretty drab, and I thought it would be nice to spruce up the area we first see when we walk in the door. Here it is before:


We forgot to take a real "before" picture. This is after Marshall took down a couple of boards. You can see where the walls had been painted around them (definitely a pet peeve!).


And here is the entryway today:



This makeover was completely FREE as we used leftover paint (True Value's Encompass) and a shelf that had been previously destined for our garage sale.


I pulled a few things from around the house for the shelf. It will probably look completely different tomorrow. You know me.


I brought in the Christ is Risen printable and made a new printable for the other frame. I thought Micah 6:8 would be a great verse to see each time we leave the house.

{click to download}
A side-by-side for you:

It's a warmer welcome, for sure!

Sharing at:
Savvy Southern Style
House of Hepworths
Thrifty Decor Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment