Apr 22, 2013

Goodbye

It's been fun, but I've decided I'm done with blogging, at least for now.

Why?

-I originally started blogging to keep in touch with friends and family. We lived far away from most of our loved ones, and I was really lonely. After moving in November, we are just minutes away from Marshall's family and an hour away from mine. We are blessed to see them on a regular basis, and I no longer feel the need to keep them updated on our lives via blogging.

-In 10 months, I've had over 31,000 views but very few comments on blog posts. Even if we hadn't moved closer to friends and family, blogging wasn't really helping me connect to anyone. It was as if I was putting all kinds of time into posts that were being sent out into a void. The comments I do receive are usually from spammers... major letdown!

-After posting a few DIY projects, I could see that those posts were getting a lot more attention. I changed my focus from keeping up with family to putting out content that people wanted to see. I would have been doing these projects anyway, but it takes hours to take pictures along the way, edit them, write up a post, etc. That results in keeping up with all kinds of people who I don't know and not having the time to keep up with my family. Sounds kind of backwards, right?

-I don't want to go through life always on the hunt for new blog post material. While we were on vacation, I found myself thinking about what my next post would be or which pictures would be blog worthy. And then I thought, "What is wrong with me? I should just be enjoying this for what it is right now!"

I will not be shutting down the blog. I realize that there are a lot of tutorials that have gone crazy on pinterest, and I want to keep the blog up so that people can always find the information they need. At the moment, I'm not planning to post anything new. But who knows, maybe I'll get the itch someday.

Thank you to everyone who subscribed and for those who did leave comments! It always put a smile on my face to see that we had a new follower or someone who was interested in a project. I'll still be able to receive e-mails and comments, so if you have a question about an old project, don't be afraid to ask away!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog (the one about robin eggs) and have really enjoyed looking around. I'm sorry the blog wasn't as fulfilling as you'd hoped it would be, but I appreciate the time and effort you have put into it. Enjoy spending time with your family and experiencing life without having to stop and take pictures, edit them, write up a post, etc.

    ReplyDelete