Oct 17, 2012

4 Ingredient Larabars

As our road trip weekends continue, I've been searching for some great travel food.  With our busy weeks, quick and easy is my only option.  Healthy is important, too.  We are so, so tired of fast food.  We don't normally eat out, and it's wreaking havoc on our bodies.  Most of what I'm packing for the road is snack food- baby carrots, celery, cheese, boiled eggs, almond/berry trail mix, and of course, Coconut Cream Larabars.

Have you ever bought Larabars?  I've heard so many people rave about them, but when I saw what stores charge for them, I quickly turned my cart the other way.  And then I found a recipe for them at The Elliott Homestead that changed my life forever.  They are SO good.  And if you know where to find your ingredients (Aldi for me!), you can make them for a fraction of the cost.


Coconut Cream Larabars

You will need:
1 C almonds
1 C coconut (mine was sweetened, but it doesn't need to be)
1 C pitted dates
1 t coconut oil

Use a blender or food processor to grind the almonds into fine crumbs.


Add the remaining ingredients and blend away.  If the mixture isn't sticky enough, add another date.  Keep adding dates until you can pinch off a piece and roll it into a ball.

Press the mixture into a 9 x 9 dish.  Refrigerate to harden before cutting.  Store bars in the refrigerator.


How simple is that?!  As long as you stick to the ratio of 1 cup nuts : 1 cup dates : 1 cup {whatever}, you can play around with the flavors and create your own Larabar recipe.  I'd love to know if you try a different flavor.  Leave a comment below!

Sharing today at:



The 36th AVENUE

No comments:

Post a Comment