Oct 8, 2012

Spaghetti Squash + Sauce= Squashetti

For years, I have wandered through the produce aisle wondering what in the world a spaghetti squash is.  Is it squash?  Is it spaghetti?  I don't remember having it in our home during my growing up years, and I turned out okay, so I never bothered with the squash.  My husband, on the other hand, was apparently given quite a bit of squash as a child, and he loves it.  I probably could have picked a more... normal... squash to work with for my first attempt, but after reading up on spaghetti squash, this one sounded easy to work with.  And it IS!  It really is just a matter of baking the squash to soften the insides and make the "noodles."  I don't have a picture of me scooping out the seeds and pulp, but the photos below show you what to do after that.


Enjoy your squashetti!


No comments:

Post a Comment