Oct 12, 2012

This Week {illustrated}

It's been a busy week.  No, it's been a busy two weeks.  We made a last minute trip last weekend which quickly turned into making the same trip for the next couple of weekends.  I didn't even bother unpacking our suitcase.


In spite of the craziness, some things still had to be done.  I picked up a couple of pie pumpkins and a humongous butternut squash a couple weeks ago, and I decided it was time to do something with them.  I roasted the pumpkins and the squash (375 degrees F until soft: pumpkins- 1 1/2 hrs, squash- 2 1/2 hrs).  The seeds were scooped out, washed, soaked in saltwater, and roasted.  We've been loving the crustless pumpkin pie and butternut squash soup this week!

 

After boxing up my tomatoes last week, I came home to an entire flat full of ripe ones.  I picked an easy marinara recipe and froze a whole bunch for spaghetti.  I think I've earned a nap.

That's all for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment