Dec 4, 2012

Christmas "Mantel" and Tablescape

I've been seeing a lot of chalkboard fireplaces on pinterest lately, and my first reaction was, "I would never do that!"  And then we moved into a house without a fireplace, and I did it.


I like it but don't love it.  That's ok, though.  It's just for Christmas.


I made new stockings for us this year, too.  Marshall's already has something in it... don't tell!

In other news, I really love our tablescape.  I did all of the decorating for our reception, so I have tons of these glass vases and candles left over.  I picked up a very realistic looking garland at Ben Franklin and cut it into smaller pieces for filler.


I tied pieces of burlap around the vases with twine and put some artificial berries between the vases for a pop of color.


The "fireplace" is coming down after Christmas, but the tablescape can stay up all winter long!


The Lettered Cottage

Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment