Dec 28, 2012

What I Did With the Leftovers...

Remember these?


After making my pillow covers, I had a whole lot of flannel shirt material left.  I hated to waste the material, so I started thinking of ways I could use it up.  The first project I came up with also happened to be the easiest, so I just took that idea and ran with it... rice bag hand warmers.

I had already removed the pockets from each of the shirts before making the pillow covers, so I just put them together (wrong sides in) and sewed around the three bottom edges.  I added rice (about 3/4 full) and then sewed across the top to seal it.

Just microwave the warmers for about one minute and stick them in your coat pocket before you leave the house.  You'll stay warm and toasty for quite a while!  I like to warm them up and stick them under the covers in bed for my icy feet, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment