Jan 9, 2013

Easy {and cheap!} Valentine Wreath

When I was young, either in first or second grade, we made these really fun ornaments with styrofoam balls and small squares of fabric.  Do you know the ones I'm talking about?  You just poke the fabric into the ball with a toothpick.  Five minutes later, you have a really fluffy, fun ornament.

I have a little bit more of a grown up version for you today.


I've graduated to wreath-making, and instead of using pieces of pre-cut fabric and toothpicks, we'll be using cupcake papers and a hot glue gun.  The best news?  The entire project costs less than $5!

You will need:
small styrofoam wreath form
1 package (50- ct) Valentine cupcake papers
hot glue gun and glue sticks
ribbon for hanging

Begin by turning the papers inside out.  Gather them to a point in the center, and then apply glue to the tip.


Stick the papers onto the wreath form in clumps so they look nice and "fluffy."





Add a ribbon for hanging.


If you really want to, you can wrap your wreath form with pink or red ribbon or fabric before you begin.  Today, I was going for easy and opted out.


And I love it.



10 comments:

  1. Cute! I'd love it if you stopped by my weekly link party and shared this. http://thelifeofjenniferdawn.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww what an adorable Valentine's wreath! It looks great! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, I am SO making this, it looks so pretty! I love it. I pinned it too :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Audrey, and thanks for pinning! I hope yours turns out well!

      Delete
  4. That looks so pretty! Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete